Ancient or ancient ecclesiastical parishes encompassed groups of villages and hamlets and their adjacent lands over which a clergyman had jurisdiction.
Atherton Urban District was from 1894 to 1974 a local government district in Lancashire, England.
Chorlton Poor Law Union was founded in January 1837 in response to the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834, also known as the New Poor Law. It was overseen by an elected board of 19 guardians representing the 12 parishes in the area it served: Ardwick, Burnage, Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Chorlton with Hardy, Didsbury, Gorton, Hulme, Levenshulme, Mosside, Rusholme, Stretford, and Withington, all in south Manchester, England.
Leigh Poor Law Union was established on 26 January 1837 in accordance with the Poor Law Amendment Act of 1834. The union covered the townships of Astley, Atherton, Bedford, Pennington, Tyldesley with Shakerley and Westleigh all in the ancient parish of Leigh plus Culcheth, Lowton and part of Winwick.
Leigh Town Hall stands facing the parish church across the Civic Square at its junction with Market Street in Leigh, Greater Manchester, England. It was designed for the Municipal Borough of Leigh by James Caldwell Prestwich, who had an architectural practice in the town.
The Municipal Borough of Leigh, a local government district in Lancashire, England, was created in 1899 and abolished in 1974.
The Municipal Borough of Stretford was created in 1933 and abolished in 1974. The area it controlled is now part of the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester.
Stretford Public Hall was built in 1878 by John Rylands.
Trafford Town Hall was officially opened as Stretford Town Hall on the granting of Stretford’s charter on 16 September 1933.
Tyldesley cum Shakerley Urban District and its successor, Tyldesley Urban District. was from 1894 to 1974 a local government district in Lancashire, England. In 1974 the urban district was abolished and its former area was transfered to the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan in Greater Manchester.
A vill was the smallest administrative unit of the state in feudal England, equivalent to a modern civil parish.