Alloway Kirk and its graveyard provided the setting for Robert Burns’s poem Tam o’ Shanter.
Arthington Priory, founded in the mid-12th century, was a nunnery or convent that was home to a community of about ten nuns in Arthington, Yorkshire.
The Chantry Chapel of St Mary the Virgin, usually known as Wakefield Chantry Chapel, is part of the medieval bridge over the River Calder in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
An active Unitarian place of worship in Atherton, Greater Manchester that was built in 1721.
The Church of St Edward the Confessor is a place of worship in Romford, in the London Borough of Havering, an Anglican church in the Diocese of Chelmsford.
ervaulx Abbey is a ruined Cistercian monastery and scheduled monument to the south of the River Ure, about one and a half miles (2.4 km) east of East Witton in Wensleydale, North Yorkshire. An abbey was originally founded at Fors near the River Ure not far from Aysgarth further up the valley in 1145, but
A medieval nunnery associated with the legend of the death of Robin Hood.
A structure close to the refectory of a monastery, providing washing facilities.
An active Anglican parish church and Grade II listed building in Rivington, Lancashire
An active place of Unitarian worship in Rivington, Lancashire whose congregation dates from 1662 but the stone not built until 1703.
A Waterloo church dedicated to St George completed in 1825 to serve the growing township of Tyldesley cum Shakerley.
Anglican parish Church in Atherton, Greater Manchester designed by Paley and Ausin and completed in 1896
An active church in Mosley Common that was built in 1886.
A designated Grade 1 listed building and an active Anglican parish church in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire East, dating from about 1430.
An active Anglican parish church in Worsley, Greater Manchester with an unusual thirteen-striking clock.
St Mary’s Church in Leigh was the ancient parish church that served six townships.
An active Anglican church in Perranarworthal dedicated to Cornwall’s patron saint.
The parish church in Astley, Greater Manchester was built in 1968 after its predecessor was destroyed by arson.
Tin tabernacles are prefabricated ecclesiastical buildings made from corrugated galvanised iron. They were developed in the mid 19th century initially in Great Britain and built in Britain and exported across the world.