Redirected to Stretford Public Hall.
Redirected to Trafford Town Hall.
Rare example of a large-scale cloth hall – an exchange for trading woollen and worsted cloth “pieces” – that is largely intact.
Officially opened as Stretford Town Hall on the granting of Stretford’s charter on 16 September 1933.
Public Hall built in 1878 by John Rylands.
In the 18th and 19th centuries body-snatchers, also known as resurrectionists, shush-lifters or noddies, excavated graves to meet the increasing demand from medical colleges for bodies to dissect, as not enough were being supplied from executions.
Public hall constructed in 1853–1856 on St Peter’s Fields, the site of the Peterloo Massacre, now a Radisson hotel.
Leigh Town Hall stands facing the parish church across the Civic Square at its junction with Market Street in Leigh, Greater Manchester, England. It was designed for the Municipal Borough of Leigh by James Caldwell Prestwich, who had an architectural practice in the town.