Early medieval moated motte and bailey castle just to the northwest of present-day Dunham Massey Hall in Greater Manchester, England.
Former royal castle built in the 1220s by Ranulf de Blondeville, 6th Earl of Chester, (1170–1232), on his return from the Fifth Crusade.
Castellum (fort) in the Roman province of Britannia, which may have been the Cambodunum mentioned as a station on the road between Deva Victrix (Chester) and Eboracum (York).
Originally built in about 1604 as a Z-plan castle, replacing either a house or small peel tower. Sited in the parish of Cluny, it is south of Monymusk and north of Sauchen in Aberdeenshire, north-east Scotland.
Tower house in the parish of Udny, southwest of Pitmedden and northeast of the hamlet of Udny Green, Aberdeenshire
16th-century tower house in the parish of Banff, Aberdeenshire, in the northeast of Scotland.
Fortification built in the 12th century on a hill on the north side of the River Calder near Wakefield, England.