Coal mining company that operated on the south side of the Irwell Valley on the Lancashire Coalfields.
Horse-driven engine used in lead and shallow coal mines.
Former mining village in South Yorkshire, six miles north of Rotherham and six south of Barnsley.
Collieries in South Yorkshire owned by the Wentworth Fitzwilliams from the late-18th century.
Standard gauge mineral line built to serve the pits owned by the Lister Kayes of Denby Grange in West Yorkshire.
Colliery in Leigh sunk by John Speakman at Wood End Farm in the northeast part of Bedford in 1875
Former colliery in Netherton, West Yorkshire, opened in 1841 and closed in 1968.
Redirected to Pendleton Fault.
Career civil servant and inspector of schools, and from 1843 to 1859 the first inspector of mines.
Flockton Collieries comprised several pits, some started before 1700, around Flockton and Middlestown between Wakefield and Huddersfield in the West Riding of Yorkshire.