The Alhambra Theatre in Higher Openshaw, Manchester, England, was designed by the architect H. A, Turner. Intended for use as a music hall, it was opened in 1910 as part of the H. D. Moorhouse Theatre Circuit. The Alhambra had a fan-shaped auditorium with seating for 2,000 on three levels: the stalls and two balconies. There was also a box on either side of the proscenium.
In 1914 the rear of the upper circle was converted to become the Pavilion Cinema, which reduced the seating in the main theatre to 1,500. Shortly afterwards the Pavilion became a dance hall and the main theatre was converted into a cinema; it was converted once again in the 1960s, into a bingo hall. The auditorium was finally used as a sporting club, and what remained of the building was used as a restaurant, storage space and glass works. The Alhambra was demolished in 2009 to make way for a new Morrisons supermarket.