Grade II listed building and former workhouse in Nantwich, Cheshire, England, built in 1779–1780 to accommodate up to 350 paupers.
Scottish institution, occasionally referred to as a workhouse, provided accommodation for the destitute and poor.
Establishment where the destitute in England and Wales received board and lodging in return for work.
The Town’s Hospital was a poorhouse in Glasgow, Scotland, founded in 1731. It occupied a site at the Old Green on Great Clyde Street, at the junction of present-day Ropework Lane.