Magee Marshall & Company operated from the Crown Brewery in Bolton, Lancashire, England from 1888 until being taken over by Greenall Whitley in 1958.
Leigh Town Hall stands facing the parish church across the Civic Square at its junction with Market Street in Leigh, Greater Manchester, England. It was designed for the Municipal Borough of Leigh by James Caldwell Prestwich, who had an architectural practice in the town.
Historic country house in Haigh, near Wigan in Greater Manchester England.
Gardens opened in 1838, on a 15-acre (6 ha) site between Broom Lane and Northumberland Street in Broughton, now in Salford, England.
Model village started by John and Robert Lord, who built a cotton mill next to the Dean Brook in the north-west outskirts of Bolton in Greater Manchester, England.
First library to be set up under the provisions of the Public Libraries Act 1850, in Manchester, England, which allowed local authorities to impose a local tax of one penny to pay for the service.
Mines rescue station serving the collieries of the Lancashire and Cheshire Coal Owners on the Lancashire Coalfield, opened in 1933.
Areas of peat bog south of the Bridgewater Canal and north of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway in Astley and Bedford, Leigh, England.
Former manor house and now a Grade II listed farmhouse in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, England.
Former complex of six cotton spinning mills, known locally as Caleb Wright’s, on either side of Union Street in Tyldesley.