Ringing the Devil’s Knell is a custom associated with Dewsbury Minster in West Yorkshire, England.
Early guillotine, or decapitating machine, used in the town of Halifax, West Yorkshire, England. It was probably installed during the 16th century as an alternative to beheading by axe or sword.
House built in 1660 by William Taylor, whose descendants owned it until 1920. The Taylor family were farmers and clothiers, who developed their business into cloth finishing and became merchants.
Model village developed near Edward Akroyd’s Bankfield mansion in Haley Hill, Halifax in the West Riding of Yorkshire. The houses are in blocks of six to ten around the park in streets named after cathedral cities.
Copley was a built as a model village by Colonel Edward Akroyd in the Calder Valley to the south of Halifax in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England.
Pedestrian underpass in Castleford, England, under a railway line originally built by the York and North Midland Railway between York and Normanton.
The Rhubarb Triangle covers 9 square miles (23 km2) of West Yorkshire, England between Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell, and is famous for producing early forced rhubarb.
Usually known as Wakefield Chantry Chapel, part of the medieval bridge over the River Calder in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
Fortification built in the 12th century on a hill on the north side of the River Calder near Wakefield, England.
Six cloth halls have been built in Leeds since 1711, and the remains of two survive. Four were for white cloth, one for mixed or coloured cloth and one for cloth made by unapprenticed clothiers.