Former estate chapel in the grounds of Bretton Hall, West Yorkshire.
Active Anglican church in the diocese of Wakefield, usually known as St Peter’s.
Rural village stretched out along the Barnsley to Huddersfield road in Kirklees, West Yorkshire, taking its name from a Viking settler.
Village and civil parish in the Wakefield District of West Yorkshire.
Former mining village in South Yorkshire, six miles north of Rotherham and six south of Barnsley.
Collieries in South Yorkshire owned by the Wentworth Fitzwilliams from the late-18th century.
Standard gauge mineral line built to serve the pits owned by the Lister Kayes of Denby Grange in West Yorkshire.
Redirected to Swinton Pottery.
Founded in 1745 and renamed the Rockingham Works in 1826, the company produced fine porcelainware until 1842.
Monument commissioned by the Earl Fitzwilliam as a memorial to the second Marquess of Rockingham in 1783.