The North Western Gas Board (NWGB) was a state-owned utility area gas board providing gas for light and heat to industries and homes in the north-west of England.

It was established on 1 May 1949 under the terms of the Gas Act 1948, and dissolved in 1973 when it became a region of the newly formed British Gas Corporation, British Gas North Western, as a result of the Gas Act 1972.[1]

Citations



Bibliography


Jessup, J. (1994). Gas in the NorthWest: 1949–1994. British Gas Northwestern.